If you are starting to get a bit of a glut of courgettes, give this quick and easy pasta dish a try.
You’ll need (for 2 people):
- 200g of your favourite dried pasta shapes
- 1 regular sized courgette
- 1 packet of pine nuts (100g)
- 1 packet of feta cheese (200g)
- 1 medium / large unwaxed lemon
- Pepper to taste
The cooking of the pasta is the rate determining step in preparing this meal. Once you have prepped your other ingredients they only take about 5 minutes to cook, so get the pasta going first, and time it so that everything is ready together.
- Put a large pan of water on to boil to cook your pasta, once boiling add your pasta and cook according to the manufacturers instructions.
- While the water is coming to the boil and the pasta is starting to cook, prepare you courgette. Top and tail, and then cut length-ways and then length-ways again so that you have 4 spears. Cut each spear into bite sized pieces.
- Zest and juice the lemon and keep to one side.
- Chop the feta into cubes and keep to one side.
- Using a frying pan or similar heat and little oil and add the pine nuts and roast them gently until they start to brown.
- Add the chopped courgettes and continue to roast with the pine nuts.
- Once the courgettes are cooked, add a good grind of pepper and then add the lemon juice and zest and mix well to combine.
- Turn off the heat under the pine nut & courgette mix, and add the feta and stir together.
- Drain the pasta and serve, add the pine nut mix on top (alternatively add the drained pasta to the pine nut and courgette mix and combine).