Here’s a quick video for making potato salad. Details below.
Makes enough for four people.
- 6 to 8 small / medium sized potatoes
- Fresh Chives or mint
- 2 small / medium red onions
- Salt & Pepper
- Lemon juice (2 to 3 tablespoons)
- Prepare the potatoes, peel if needed (if you’re using young new potatoes, they’ll probably just need a scrub and the skins can stay on). Chop them into bite size pieces.
- Boil them until they are just soft, be careful not to over-boil, particularly if you are using a fluffy type potato.
- When they’re done, drain and put them back into cool water, and allow them to cool down, until they cold enough to handle comfortably with bare hands.
- Prepare the onions and chives by chopping into as finer pieces as you can manage, put these into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the potatoes into the mixing bowl, with the onions and chives.
- Add some mayonaisse (about 3 or 4 tablespoons), be careful not to add too much, you can always add a little more if needed.
- Add a good grind of pepper and salt and the lemon juice.
- Mix all together in the bowl, either with clean hands or a couple of large spoons, be careful not to mash the potatoes!
- This is ready to serve or can be refrigerated in a covered container for a couple of days.